Friday, August 13, 2010

Tribute to Jason

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON!!! First of all, I wanted to thank you for your tribute to me on my birthday. It meant a lot to me to know what you think of me. I'm glad that we all have grown up and I'm not necessarily the little brother to tease, but that we are all friends. I've certainly got good stories to tell about being the youngest and the teasing.

Sometimes we joke about you being an example of showing me all the things that I shouldn't do. I want you to know though that there are so many things that I look up to you for and try to be like you in them. While you didn't get done with school as fast as you wanted to, you have shown determination to finish while working and taking care of a family. I try to have that dedication like you have shown. You have a great family and a great wife. I am so excited for the day that you are sealed in the temple. You have made me want to find a wife like you have found and I'm excited to have a family like yours. I don't know if I want to live in a townhouse though, especially with a weird back yard. Your dedication to the Lord is very impressive. Seeing you get the Melchizedek Priesthood and going to the temple with you have been a great strength to me as your little brother. There are always times that we will make mistakes, but I have seen that you have consistently kept your faith in the Savior. I want to be like you.

I remember when all of us brothers used to share a room. I would lay in bed listening to your music. One of my favorite songs was Bridge over Troubled Water. I admire your love and passion for things like music and sports. I appreciate you asking me for help with your Calculus stuff. You learned it well and you could have probably done it without me, but it really helped me feel needed and important. I'm glad that we got an A. :) Thanks for inviting me to all the sports things that you've done. I wish I had more time for them. I think it would be fun to be on your softball team, maybe when things aren't as crazy with school and stuff then I can come and play again. I remember that you jumped right in after I got home from my mission to welcome me home. It was good to have my brothers there to do things with. Also I appreciate the time you came and helped me move and juggle all my furniture up the elevators. Oh, and you have shown me that when you're going bald, it looks good to shave it and keep it short.

Last of all, I appreciate your love and care for the family. I have enjoyed the times that we have really been able to talk and I have been able to get to know you better. I value your advice in finances and life.

You are a great oldest brother. I love and respect you. Thanks for everything.

Adam

3 comments:

Mindy said...

All true, Adam! Great post... I especially loved the going bald part. Thanks for the laugh! :)

Ken - Tam said...

That was a sweet and tender post. I like the word "tender", ya know. Good post, good brothers.

Jason said...

Thanks for this Adam. It makes me feel good that I have done some things right for you to follow.

To set one thing straight, I could not have done the calculus without you. I really needed your help, and I am so glad that you were willing to help me weekly for the whole semester.

Bridge Over Troubled Water is possibly the best song ever written, so I'm glad that I could pass that on to you (after Dad passed it on to me).