Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jason!


Well, hey, old man! It's your birthday again. It's really strange how you keep having birthdays and getting older, and I don't. ;)

The first thing I have to say thank you for is being my photography mentor. You've taught and encouraged me more than any other person. You could've been stingy, and not shared your knowledge with me, and never told me that I did anything well with photography, but instead you never held anything back, and never acted like I was horning in on your thing, even though I kind of was. I'll always be grateful for that.

You are generous far beyond what most people will do. I know there are many times when you have helped me out, and given me things, but a recent example that meant so much to me was when we shot that wedding together when Brandon's job situation was shaky. You gave me all the money even though you did the same amount of work. I know you could've used the money too, but you insisted. I guess it's only fair, since I gave you that balloon once when yours popped... ;)

I could list a lot of memories, but most of them would involve me being bossy and you not liking it. I did enjoy our times growing up when we weren't fighting... and those got to be more often as we both got older. I've enjoyed having you for my brother, and am so glad that we grew up to be friends. (It helps that I'm not babysitting you anymore, I think. ;)

I love you lots, and hope you have the best birthday ever.
Love, Your Big Bossy Sister

2 comments:

Ken - Tam said...

Your thoughts are so tender. I especially like the one about giving Jason the balloon. You two are good for each other.

Jason said...

It's hard for you to be horning in on my thing when I'm too busy to be doing my thing. I'm glad that you have done well with photography, and I'll always be willing to help however I can. I just hope the help you need from me is always basic stuff, because that's what I know. I hope we get a chance to do more photoshoots together. We should do a nature photoshoot sometime with just you and me.