Tuesday, August 10, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

So, I totally wrote this on your birthday Mom!  (With Mindy's date trick)  I hope that you had a great birthday.  I think I take such a great Mom for granted.  When I really stop to think about all of the things that you have done for me, I can't believe how much love and sacrifice that you've shown.  You are truly my favorite mom!

Some of my favorite memories are with you.  I remember having school before I was able to go to school.  You taught me well and gave me a great headstart.  I remember the times that we would sit and talk for a long time.  You are always able to listen and understand what I'm going through and I value your advice and opinion.  It was hard to take violin lessons from you, but I am so glad that you taught me so well.  The funny thing is that when I help other people with the violin, I use all of your teaching techniques because I remember them so well.  You have a gift for music, and you have a gift of being able to give that gift to others.  I loved playing duets with you.  It was so fun to sight read all the music at full speed and laugh when we couldn't keep up with ourselves.

I remember having to lift up my feet as you vacuumed the floor under them.  I remember helping you dust the house.  I remember you helping me go through my clothes.  I loved growing up in a house where everything was in it's place and where there was peace.  

Last of all, I remember how you taught me the gospel.  I know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me because I learned about that love from my mom. 

Thanks for everything Mom, and Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Hey, you date cheaters!

Mindy said...

I like your memory of lifting up the feet when mom vacuumed. It's not something I have thought about much, but it makes me smile to think of it now. Good post, Adam!

Brenda, you're just jealous.

Ken - Tam said...

Thanks, Adam. You are my favorite Adam, and I'm serious. I love you, and appreciate what you have become.