Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Just for the record, Dad posted before I did, but I like the date to be right on birthday letters, so I'm predating this. :)

How lucky am I to have a mom who is also a best friend? Well, I'll tell you... I'm the luckiest girl in the world! I love that I can talk to you on the phone, you can send a letter, I can send an email, we can visit in person, and STILL have things to say.

I love that I can cry with you, or to you, and that you always listen. I always feel your love and approval of me, and that has got me through many times that I felt that I wasn't measuring up. I always know that my mom thinks I'm a good person, and that's worth a lot. :) You've always made me feel like I can accomplish anything I'd like to.

I think you are beautiful, and appreciate when people say we look alike. I think you look a lot younger than your years, and would hardly know that you've celebrated another birthday. ;) You are an amazingly talented person, and I think you could do just about anything artistic and musical that you decided you wanted to do. You have such an eye for what works, and what is beautiful. I'm glad I inherited and learned a little of that from you, and only wish I had more of it.

I hope your birthday was as wonderful as you are. I love you so much, and am eternally grateful that you are my mom!

Love, Mindy

3 comments:

Ken - Tam said...

Thanks so much for all you wrote, even though you've been on vacation. I am grateful to have a daughter like you, grateful for all my children and grandchildren.

Ken - Tam said...

Also I didn't realize you could pre date it. How did you do that?

Mindy said...

When you write a post, there's a place at the bottom that says post options. Click that. On the bottom right part it says "schedule" or something like that. You just type in the date and/or time that you want it to post, and there you go. :)