Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mother Dear

Another birthday has come and gone,
And I missed it like a big moron.
My favorite thing about this rhyme,
Is how we'll pretend I wrote it on time.
You might think writing poems is easy,
But writing too many makes me feel queasy.
But Mom, for you, I'll write one more.
So print it out and put it in your drawer.
You've always been a great big help,
Especially when I had my whelp.
I couldn't have done it without your support.
If we measured it, it'd equal a quart.
Probably more than a quart, I would say.
But I had to find a word that rhymed, okay?
Kaitlyn loves when she gets to come stay with you.
One thing I don't think you do is kung-fu.
But you teach her a lot of cool things I can't do,
If I have to teach her, I pretend I've the flu.
It's fun to talk to you on the phone.
That's something that's hard to do alone.
So it's good when you pick up and talk back to me,
Even though sometimes you get so busy.
You're fun and you like to have a good laugh.
Is your favorite animal by chance a giraffe?
I'm amazed how you always kept everything clean.
I don't think any of us got gangrene.
You're good at music, dolls, and art.
But the best part about you is your very kind heart.
You're my favorite mom that I've ever had.
Sorry for all those times I was bad.
This poem is at the end of the line,
So I'll say thanks a lot for being mine.

2 comments:

Ken - Tam said...

You always do so well at your rhymes
It makes me laugh at all the times.
Thanks so much, I enjoyed it alot,
I'm thankful for all the kids I've got. I love you. Mom

Mindy said...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My sister's hilarious
My poems are like poo