Monday, February 22, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM!




Heavenly Father must have known that we needed another little boy. Adam, you were a miracle, after a very difficult pregnancy. Little did we know at the time what a blessing you would be to us.


As a little boy you were very kind-hearted. You'd often tell me, "You're my favorite mom". And, after my Dad died, you'd ask why I was sad, and I'd say, "I miss my Dad." And you said, "Me, too," even though you were too young to have known him.


The violin did not come so easy for you, and practicing with me was not always fun. When I tried to convince you to give it up, you cried, "But I want to play the violin." Adam, I'm so glad you had the perseverence to keep with it, for you play the violin beautifully.


All your life you have always wanted to do what was right. As you grew up, whatever was good, whatever was right, you were right there involved in it. You were glad to be of service, happy to show kindness, as demonstrated by how kind you were to Jeff Best through the years. I was told that at a Stake Dance you knelt down in front of a girl who had her foot in a cast, and ask her to dance, kneeling as you held her hands. That touched their hearts. I was told that when you were at a Sacrament Meeting at the Heritage Place, the speaker had not shown up, and they ask for volunteers. You volunteered to give a talk with no preparation. The speaker did show up, but you had been willing, and that's what matters. When you did give talks in Church, you always knew how to liken every experience to the Gospel.


We were proud of you when you served a mission for the Lord. We are thankful that you are valiant and worthy to hold positions of great responsibility, and serve in the Temple. We love you very much. Thanks for being mine.




Love, Mom

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I love that little boy picture of Adam. He was sure a cute kid, huh? What happened?? ;) Sometimes little glimpses remind me of Cooper a little bit. Except I think Coop is a lot naughtier than Adam ever thought of being. ;)