Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ode To Mindy

I'm warning you, this won't be great,
But here we are on your birth date.
A tribute, they asked, and so I said
I wonder if you were dropped on your head
There must be something about the color red
I remember, we shared a bed (room).
Sometimes you let me borrow your clothes.
I always made sure I spilled on those.
I can't remember when we were young,
My memory is much like dung.
I remember we were good friends.
Something something mumble backbends.
Phone calls and e-mails would always extend.
We talked many times most every day,
I don't think we listened to much reggae.
One time you came to stay with me,
I had just had a wee baby.
It was nice to get more sleep
If I hadn't, I'd probably weep.
You were so nice, that you sewed
A carrier for my little toad.
And also a beautiful quilt for my bed
I sleep there with my man, Meathead.
That's not really his name, but there's come a time
I'm finding it is hard to rhyme.
You are my sister and that's a fact,
Sometimes I get a little sidetracked.
I hope you have a great birthday.
And that's about all I have to say.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Brenda, you are the funniest sister ever. I love your poem, and it made me laugh out loud. I love you and I am so glad that we're sisters.