Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Adam (a poem with words)

It is your birthday, dear Adam
Here is a poem so you won't be glum.
Everyone thinks that you're a great guy
And it's not really very hard to see why.
You've always tried to be extra kind.
You're smarter than 47 pencils combined.
You spend a lot of time in school.
Making robots is pretty cool.
I remember we used to e-mail a lot,
But that was before you became a big-shot.
Okay, you're not, there's just too much to do
I wonder if you have time to shampoo.
Sometimes I wish you weren't so busy.
Your hair is not what I'd call frizzy.
Maybe you could visit more, 
Would you if I lived by the shore?
 If I baked you cookies, a cake?
Or if I threw a big clambake?
Do you like clams?  I don't even know.
If you don't, you'd be a no-show.
So I guess this is it, your present's a poem.
I'm glad we lived in the same home.
You're a great brother in every way.
I hope you have an awesome birthday.

No comments: