Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Adam the Baby

It's hard to believe that Adam is a grown up man now. I think I was 10? when Adam was born, and I remember how cute he was. It's weird that he's gotten so much older and I haven't. ;)

I had so much fun with Adam growing up. I would dress him and Geoff up in bonnets and girls clothes, and the amazing thing is, they let me, and seemed to have fun too. I refuse to accept any responsibility for problems they may have now because of that. ;) I loved having a little brother that would do whatever silly thing came to my bossy head... I feel a little bad for it now, but at least I spent time with the little whippersnapper, right?

I moved away when Adam was still pretty little, and I didn't really get to see what he was like as a teenager. I always had to laugh, though, when mom would complain to me about how awful Adam was for taking the church cds and not returning them. I think that was probably the worst thing he did as a teenager, and I'm pretty sure he'll burn in hell for it.

My favorite thing about Adam, though, is the quiet strength I've seen in him throughout his life. I sometimes feel like he's older and wiser than I am in some ways, and I really look up to him. He is always a peacemaker. He is always ready to help anyone in need. He is always ready to share his deep love of Christ, the gospel, and his testimony. He is a rock.

I know he gets tired of our constant nagging about his dating life, and what's going on with him, but I am always interested in how things are going for Adam, because I love him. I sometimes feel like we're at such different times in our lives, but then we'll talk about things that we're going through that are exactly the same. I'm always pleased when I find out we're alike in some way, because who wouldn't want to be like Adam?

Happy Birthday, Adam... I'll be forever grateful that you joined the family in the miraculous way that you did. I've never had a doubt that you needed to be with us, to help us all and strengthen us, and bring us joy. You're an amazing brother!!

No comments: