Thursday, September 16, 2010

To my favorite dad

One more rhyme and that is it,
For you Dad, I'll write a little bit.
Why are there so many birthdays in a year?
I feel like writing poems has become my career.
But Dad, it's your birthday and you are great.
Remember when you made me clean my whole plate?
It was carrots, and I didn't like them too well.
They came back up and I said farewell
To eating cooked carrots ever again.
Not in the kitchen and not in the den.
But I feel like I've gotten off topic a bit.
It happens too easy, I have to admit.
You're an awesome Dad, and an inspiration.
There's one thing you aren't, and that is Haitian.
Not many people can do what you do,
Whether they're twenty or a hundred and two.
You do all those races and other fun stuff.
All of that working out's making you buff.
You're a wonderful man, and you're very kind.
A better Dad, I could never hope to find.
You're always willing to lend a hand,
You helped me put a garden on my land.
You're always there when I need you
Even when I didn't have a clue
About how much you did for us
Even when you were a bit gaseous.
Well, Dad, I think that's all I've got.
I hope you know I love you a lot.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

You make me laugh out loud. The carrot part killed me.

Ken - Tam said...

Thanks for the poem!!! It made me laugh. You are so good at it.