Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!!

Well, Dad... it's your birthday. And since you're the best dad a girl could ask for, I'm going to write some stuff here for you. :)

Remember that time when you went looking for me when I hadn't even reached curfew yet? And then when you got home and I was already there you were so mad at me? I joke about it, and think it was pretty funny, but what it really shows me is that you cared... a lot. Maybe even too much. :) I always knew that you loved me and were very concerned for my welfare, and that you wanted me to always be safe and happy.

Remember that time that you decided you wanted to run Wasatch Back? ;) I am still amazed that you got so many people to do it with you... including my run-hating husband. (Well, he pretends to hate running.) It was such a neat experience for so many people, and it was all because of you. I was so proud of you during that race.

And speaking of races... I am so proud of you for all of the races and triathlons you do. You are constantly challenging yourself, and pushing yourself to do something that I'm sure a few years ago would have seemed impossible. You are a big part of the reason I decided to run a marathon this year. (I'll let you know if I should thank you or curse you for that after Saturday). You are an inspiration to many people, and I'm always proud to tell people that my dad is a triathlete.

There are so many things I could write about you... about how much I love talking to you, about how I love your tender heart (and thanks for helping mom give me the crying gene... ;), about how much I appreciate your desire to make everyone happy, even if it doesn't work all the time, and SO many more things. You are such a good example to me in so many ways, and I can honestly say that I am the luckiest girl in the world to have you as my dad.

I love you, Dad! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Ken - Tam said...

Thanks Mindy, It was so much fun to run the Wasatch Back with all of you. I am so glad that you are willing to run with me and keep me inspired.

I love you and you are a wonderful daughter.