Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Papa!


I wouldn't trade my Papa for anyone!  I'm glad to be a part of your family and to follow your example.  I have many good memories with you throughout the years.

First, I remember the love and support that you gave me on my mission.  It was always good to get your letters and emails.  It was good to hear how you went to the temple often and how your callings were going.  It was great to hear a couple of your mission experiences too.  Thanks for taking care of my finance stuff while I was gone.

I remember waking up to do newspapers.  It taught me how to be dedicated and do thing even if I didn't want to do them.  I was happy to get a little spending money when I was little.  A lot of that went to candy, but I did pay tithing and learned how to save.  I remember going to America First to open up a savings account.  I felt so rich with that minimum of $25 in there.

I remember playing racquetball a couple times with you.  We should have played more because it was fun and you were getting better at it.

It was such a great experience to run in the Ragnar Race with you.  You've given me tons of invites for the triathlons and races that you do and I was glad I committed to do one.  You're a great example of setting goals and getting them accomplished.

I've enjoyed the few lunches that we've been able to go on and talk.  I'm not always eager to talk about dating and stuff like that, but we have had some great talks and I value your counsel and your advice.

Something that kids don't really notice and appreciate as they're growing up is how much their Dad does for them.  I'm not sure I'd want to calculate how much I've cost, but I'm sure I'd never be able to repay it all.  Thanks for sacrificing your time and going to work so that we could have an enjoyable life.

It is great to have a father that I can emulate and follow.  I know that you can lead our family back to our Heavenly Father.  Thanks again for your testimony and all that you have taught us.

Adam



2 comments:

Mindy said...

Great post Adam! I agree with all the stuff you said. :)

Ken - Tam said...

Thanks Adam. I appreciate all you said. It was great to have you on a mission and learn of your experiences. It is also really good to have you around to talk to and learn from.