Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My little brother

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER!!!

There are a lot of things that I could say about how much fun I've had with you as a brother and a friend.  I have more memories with you than with any of the other siblings.  I have always looked up to you and wanted to be more like you.  Looking at who I am today, I notice little things that I do that are what I saw you do and I wanted to be like you because you were cool.

                          
Anyway, I need to respond to the things that you wrote in my birthday message.  

I do remember always getting the worst jewels when we played legos and my guy always dying in the sandbox, but I remember more that I did have jewels and even though my guy died all the time, I was still able to be there.  I'm glad I got you back with "DINOSAUR".

Our treehouse was awesome!  I still wish that we would have been able to sleep up there.  The first level was great.  I wanted to stay off of the sixth level though because it was getting shaky.  It was cool how fast we could get around that tree (and most of us got around without falling out of it).  I remember the rope swing and the Tarzan movie we always planned to make.  I remember our zipline with the mattress at the bottom.  I was glad we survived rappelling with a harness made out of a hose.  I do remember that you worked on the bum often, but I never really knew what to do with it so I stayed busy with other things.  Those were good times.  


We made up a lot of fun games.  I remember that we wrestled to see who could get the other person off the bed first.  I always wanted to win, but I think your determination to stay the "big brother" helped you through. There were those times when we listened to the 1812 Overture and made up the story about the hero and the monster.  It's cool to think that we could share our imagination and love of music.  

High School was fun, but it was then that I realized that I needed to make my own friends too, and yes, I did realize that you and your friends were a little weird, but I liked the weirdness.  Driving to school wouldn't be the same without the Aquabats and Five Iron Frenzy.  I'm glad that we shared the experiences of "Get in the Car", "I need a girlfriend", and "Do you have any Brittney Spears?"  I was also enjoyable to sit in the back seat leaning forward so that I could get fresh air out of the open front window in the middle of the winter. 

I always enjoyed getting letters from you while we were on our missions.  Those four years lasted a long time, but you were a great example.  I remember the great advice that you gave me when we talked on Mothers Day and Christmas.  It was always fun to know that I would be going out on a mission too.

 

I remember that you sent quite a few letters while I was in the MTC.  I've read some of those letters again and now more than ever I realize the love that you had for me and that we were close even though we wouldn't see each other for so long.

After our missions it was fun to be your brother again.  We were all grown up.  I remember how special it was to be able to take our violins on pioneer trek and play together.


I always tried to catch up to you on the violin.  I think you were the one who made me want to continue and do well the most.  

We won't talk about the times that we had to try and sing together.  

I could go on, but I'll have to stop because I don't think this could ever end.  

It's been great to be your brother!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Adam

2 comments:

Mindy said...

All this makes me sad that I had to be so much older than you guys. I was grown up and gone before I really got to know you that well. :(

Geoff said...

Mindy it would have been nice to have you there to help work on the bum.

Adam you should have worked on the bum more... maybe thats where i got my fascination for poo and the like. And when you're swinging out of a treehouse on a rope swing, just make sure you are holding on to the rope, thats all.

I had some good lookin hair in that pioneer trek picture.

Thanks for sharing all those memories wif me. I think you missed a word or two from our drives to school... like chickens... and water... and showers... and a couple more. At least i had my peachy peach.
You're my buddy Adim