Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Geoff: The Man, The Myth . . . No, just the man

I wanted to write you a poem today,
But I'm not making very much headway.
My brain is mush, I cannot think.
I don't want your birthday poem to stink.
But it's not about me, today's about you;
You have a strange fascination with poo.
You have so many talents, where do I start?
You even know how to play Mozart.
You're pretty great at the violin.
When I hear you, it makes me grin.
It's a lot of fun playing softball with you,
You're fast and quick and other stuff, too.
It's great to see you every week.
You have a really good physique.
You ran a marathon one time.
If you ask me, that should be a crime.
But what do I know? I hate to run.
It feels worse than walking on the sun.
What I like about you is you're really funny.
But I'd probably never call you honey.
That's a job for your wife, and speaking of that
You make a great husband and you also begat
Some kids, and then you became a great dad.
You should probably think about wearing more plaid.
My rhyming is getting worse and worse
And it started out bad, although not perverse.
I wish I lived a bit closer to you,
I like to see you and your family too.
I'm glad you're my brother and my friend.
And, thank goodness, this is the end.




3 comments:

Mindy said...

Brenda, you should write a book of poems. Seriously. Oh, and Geoff, I forgot to put that I think your marathon is awesome... I have different feelings about it than Brenda does. ;)

Geoff said...

That was a really good poem Brenda, you do have some rhyming skills you know. Thanks for being nice to me, its nice of you. And i'm glad you are willing to do stuff with me and that we can all get together. Its good to have family like you that likes to get together. I think we all like that, if only we all lived a little closer we could all do stuff even more often.
I think thats all i have to say to you for today. love you brenda

Dallas said...

Brenda, you crack me up.