Tuesday, May 18, 2010

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEOFFREY DEAR


I hope you have a happy birthday today. Geoff. You were such a joy to have as a little baby. You didn't cry much, and would snuggle against me when you were sleepy. I loved being your mom. You were always a good boy growing up. You always told the truth, and always let me know where you were. You were very sensitive, and always wanted things to be fair and right.
You were certainly talented on the violin. During the year you were six, you progressed from the Minuets in Book 1 to the Seitz concertos in Book 4. You were a very hard worker, and practiced until you got the hard stuff. We learned later that you had perfect pitch.
I could say so many good things about you, but it would take all night. So I just want to say that I have been so proud of you for being the person you are. You have accomplished much in your life, from being an accomplished violin player, to being Sterling Scholar, to going on a mission, to being a righteous Priesthood holder, to graduating from college, to being a good husband and father to your family.
You are a man of few words; but I can think of many words that discribe you. You are kind and caring, understanding and tolerant, thoughtful, generous, loving, honest, loyal, and valiant. Thanks for caring about me, for helping me when times are hard, for all your hugs. I love you.
Love, Mom

2 comments:

Mindy said...

You're right about the hugs... Geoff is great with showing affection. :) I think you picked the funniest looking school photo that exists of Geoff though. You should have picked a nice photo, like I did. ;)

Geoff said...

I had some pretty good school photos, with some good wings stickin out.

Thanks for what you said Mom, i've always tried to do good things and make you proud of me. I always knew what you expected of me and what you wanted me to do. I'm sure i wasn't quite as good as you remember, i guess sometimes i was just good at making you think i was or somethin. love you mom