Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mindy

Happy Birthday, Mindy! You are a wonderful daughter and friend. What a precious little baby you were, with your rosebud mouth and lots of dark hair. I could just stare at you for hours, and never get tired of it. You were a good baby, and a wonderful little girl.
Even when you were small you tried to be tough, but always had a soft heart One day you and Jason got balloons at the doctor's office. In the parking lot, Jason's broke, and he started to cry. You exclaimed, "You are not getting my balloon. It's mine, and you're not going to have it"
Then Jason sobbed, "Mindy, my balloon popped." Immediately you replied, "You can have mine." You have always been generous and giving.
It was fun to take you shopping or to Arby's when you were a teenager. We would try things on, saying, "I hope it doesn't fit or we might have to buy it." Usually we didn't spend any money. But we did have alot of fun.
You were always a good example to your younger brothers and sister. You did well in school and excelled on the violin. You had good friends with whom you often sang for many programs. You were on the Seminary Council, and even gave a talk in Stake Conference. We have always been proud of you. I am thankful to have you for my daughter. Thanks for being mine.
Love, Mom


Happy Birthday, Mindy, I was thinking the other day as I went out to get the paper about when I delivered the paper for a little while years ago. I sure appreciate your willingness to help me even though it was very early in the morning.
One of the hardest things I had to do was when I took you to college that first year. We helped you get settled and went shopping for a few items, then it was time for us to leave and it was so hard for me to leave my little girl. I knew that you were ready to be on your own but I sure wasn't ready to let you go.
You are a wonderful daughter and I am go glad that I have gotten to know you and that you are not only my daughter but my friend.
Love, Dad

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Mom, I am thankful that you are my mom! I love talking to you on the phone and spending time with you. I loved going window shopping and to Arby's with you when I was a teenager... how many people can say that about their moms? :) I love you!

Mindy said...

Dad, I enjoyed our time together delivering papers, and cleaning the bank that time... even though I set off the alarm. ;) I still get teary when I think of how you were when you left me at college. I was more than ready, but I could see how hard it was for my dad. Thanks for always being there for me. I love you.