Saturday, January 30, 2010

To Mindy

So, happy birthday and everything.  I hope you have a great day.  I'll just share some memories and thoughts.  I hope you enjoy them.

You were very bossy when we were young.  You really wanted to be in charge of everything.  I didn't really like people being in charge of me.  We had some good fights. 

I remember the last few months before you left for college I think.  We got to spend more time together than usual.  I remember going to Sconecutter and hanging out.  I also remember going to a movie and doing a retard run down the aisle.  I remember that I considered you my best friend then.  I wish we had the chance to spend more time together like that.

It was lots of fun for me to come up to visit you at college.  Me and Marshall would try to make it up there in under an hour.  I remember one time we (me and Marshall) rented all of the Friday the 13th movies and got some Nodoz so we could stay up and watch them all.  I think you pretty much stayed out of our way on that trip.

It was nice for me, when I went up to Utah State, that you were there too.  You really included me as much as you could.  You let me hang out with your friends and be part of your group.  That meant a lot to me.  I had no idea how to be on my own, and I wasn't very good at meeting new people.  I still regret coming home after two weeks for a stupid girl.  I wanted to be up there at college.  I think it would have been really good for me.  Obviously I wasn't ready for it though.  I remember when you first met Brandon up there.  He lived right across the sidewalk from me.

I always enjoy coming to visit you.  You have always made me feel welcome in your homes.  You always cook good food, and try to make time to spend with me.  I wish that you lived closer so we could see you more.

Here are a few things that I like about you:
  • You like to talk to me (or you're very good at pretending).  Most people don't enjoy talking to me very much.  They just get a glazed look in their eyes when I try to talk to them.  It's really nice to have someone that I can ramble on about things and over-analyze with.
  • You try very hard to be kind to everyone.
  • You are willing to stand up for what you think is right, even if it's not easy.
  • You're always up for doing something fun.
Here are a couple of things that I don't like about you:
  • You're too popular.  It's like you have a herd of sheep following your every word.  I feel like I have to try to be a sheep too, and I don't want to be a sheep.
  • You live too far away.
Well, I guess that's probably enough.  I love you and I'm glad you're my sister.

Jason

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Jason, I love you too. We did have some good fights when we were young, and I remember hating you at times. ;) Now you are one of my best friends, and I truly do enjoy our conversations. I love getting calls from you! Thanks for being such a great brother with the kindest heart I know.