Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Mindy!!!!

It's your birthday!

One of my favorite memories that I have is when I was so excited for Christmas to come that I couldn't settle down.  I sneaked out of my room and came down the hall to your room where we could be excited together.  We sat around and played games and talked.  You were so much fun to be around.  Before I got too big, you could swing me around.  It was almost as good as any ride at Lagoon.

I remember for my birthday one year, you made a cassette tape for me that had a lot of cool songs.  I was so happy to get a special personalized tape just for me that I listened to it all the time.  Some mornings I would wake up early and hear you practicing your violin.  I would get up and sit by the furnace closet or on the heat vent right outside the music room where you were practicing so I could hear you play and keep warm.  If you and everyone else hadn't played the violin, I don't think I would have.  Now it's great to have that talent and sometimes get to play all together.

It was also fun when you would have me and Geoff help you ask or answer somebody to a dance.  I can't remember exactly what you had us do, but we did a secret covert mission to sing a song at some guys door or to drop something off.  It was cool that let us be a part of your life.  There was one time when your seminary during Junior High did an activity where they set up the rooms to go through Christ's life.  You invited the family to come and see it.  I remember that there was one room where they talked about the Garden of Gethsemane.  They had a lot of plants and stuff in there and I remember them bearing testimony of Christ.  Even though I was little, it was a great experience.

When you went away to college, I was excited to go too.  I wanted to skip everything else and go to college too.  It was always fun to plan trips during the summer to come and stay at your house for a couple of days.  You always had fun things planned, like easter egg hunts, milking cows, and trips to the penny candy store.  I remember that we made up a code language that we could use to write letters to each other.  I think we only used it once because it was hard and took a lot of time to do, but you were always willing to do fun things.

Now I still look up to you as a great example.  It is always fun to visit with you and I value your advice and your opinion.  I'm glad that you are my sister.

Love, Adam

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Adam, you should write down all of your memories for me, because you remember such great things! I loved having you as a little brother when you were a cute little cuddly guy, and I still love having you as a much taller little brother. ;) I really admire you now, and I'm proud of you. I love you!