Wednesday, April 28, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA!!!

Here is a poem
It won't be very long
Brenda writes a better poem
Mine seems all wrong.

It's Brenda's birthday
She is really great!
Horses eat hay and neigh
but this poem isn't about horses.

Brenda, you are much better at writing poems, but I don't think that you'd write yourself a poem for your birthday so I did it for you.  I've been excited to write this for your birthday.  For the last couple of months or so I've been thinking of things that I could write about, I should have kept notes though because I know that I'll miss some of them.

So, I've never told you this, but when I was growing up, I inwardly blamed you for my cowlicks.  Mom would always say that I had cowlicks every time she cut my hair.  It all seemed to start when we went over to your friend's house and you put gel in my hair.  I think that was the first time I had gel in my hair, but I remember learning that it was sticky and made your hair stay a certain way.  So after that (and even to this day even though I know better now), I think about how my cowlicks came from you fixing up my hair with that gel.

We did a lot of fun stuff.  I was always happy to go along with your ideas.  One day we decided it was time for a photo shoot.  We dressed up in cool clothes and found places to take pictures.  It was fun to be with you, and for some reason I did feel cooler.


I guess there was that one time you dressed me up as a girl, I really don't know why I didn't fight it.  You must have had some secret power of persuasion.  Good thing I can't find that picture.

I found the picture below when I found the one above and thought it was funny.  (Mindy - you don't have to worry about looking weird in this one because you were probably taking it).  We have a great family!  Brenda, you have always a good link to keep us all together.  I appreciate all that you do to help the family stay close.  Thanks for planning things where we can get together.

You are a great sister!  I cherish the memories that we have together.  I remember all the crazy emails that we used to write (which we need to start up again).  You always know how to cheer people up with your clever humor.

There was that one time that we were eating at Mom and Dad's and for some reason I thought it would be funny to start copying you.  Even though we were both old enough that that really shouldn't have been that funny, I think that was one of my favorite memories.  It was great to be able to be kids again for a little while.

I hope that you have a great day.  I love you and I'm grateful for the example that you have always been to me.  I know I can always look up to you.  Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks Adam! The poem was good, even though nobody else has my mad rhyming skills. Geoff looks funny in that family picture! I miss our fun e-mails too. I love you too, and I'm glad you're my brother!

Jason said...

Um, was Geoff mildly retarded as a kid?