Friday, June 11, 2010

Birthday Poem for Brandon

There once was a man named Brandon
The guy who calls my sister hon.
Or maybe he calls her sweetie or dear,
Pookie or snookums, but that's not why I'm here.
I'm here because it's your birthday today.
And I'd make you a sweater, but I can't crochet.
So I'm writing a poem, even though it is tricky.
I hope when it comes to poems that you're not picky.
I hear you like to hunt and fish.
Do you know how to speak Yiddish?
I don't, but sometimes I wish I could.
It might make these birthday poems actually good.
I like how you take care of your kids and your wife.
It seems like you've given them a pretty good life.
You're a hard worker, and that's really great.
I hate it when people are just dead weight.
So, I feel like there has now been enough delay.
I'll end this poem, and hope you have an awesome birthday.

No comments: