Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tam and Ken News

This is me, Mom. We are tending Mindy's and Brandon's kids for four days this week while they are on a trip. They have been really good, and we've had lots of fun. Yesterday we went to Seagull Book to buy Aubrey a CD for her birthday, and then went to the Dollar Tree. Today we all went to the D.I., where Felicia also met up with us. We got some fun stuff. The kids have been good to do their homework each day, help alittle around the house, and practice violin and piano. For each good thing they do they earn a penny. Hey, that doesn't sound like much; but if they have .50 cents by Saturday they get $5.00 from Grandpa. However, they lose pennies for fighting or screaming.
We enjoy visits from Geoff and Felicia now and then. I had fun looking at a house with them. Sooner or later they want to buy a house. Allston is so cute and fun.
We had Brenda and Troy and their kids come Sunday for supper. Their kids are really cute, too. Ethan walks all over now, and is quite friendly now that he isn't sick. After supper Geoff and Felicia came over, and we played some games.
Not too long ago Jason took me out to lunch, and we had a nice visit for a few hours. I want to see Ashley and Olivia soon. I miss them. How about coming to dinner next Sunday?
Well, that's about all that's going on around here right now.
We will miss our beloved Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. The first couple of days after he passed away, I watched all the specials and news broadcasts about him, and I cried until my eyes were sore. I loved him so much. He was truly a prophet, and always had such wonderful things to say. Love, Mom, Grandma, Tam

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thanks again for watching my kids!! Sorry it only cost Grandpa $10 instead of $15... because that means someone was naughty. ;)