Saturday, January 19, 2008

I guess I should write some news even though there isn't a whole lot to write about. I just started a new semester in school and homework is starting to get crazy again, but I don't feel like doing it. There is a lot of interesting things that I'm learning about, but it is difficult sometimes to undertand everything. In one of my classes we are designing a robot that is supposed to pull a chariot around a figure 8 track. It will use sensors and stuff to know where it is and be able to steer around the coarse. We still have a ways to go to get it finished though, so that will be a fun project.


Other than school, I keep busy with all the callings that I have. I am the Stake YSA Representative so I go to a lot of meetings to plan for activites and other things like that. I enjoy it because I like to be involved with what is going on. I also teach Mission Prep on Sunday mornings. We have about 15 students that come weekly so it is a lot of fun. I've been doing that ever since I got home so some of the students that I had from the beginning have already come back from their mission. One of them helps me teach the class. My last calling is a Sunday School teacher. I love to teach from the scriptures and make class exciting.

I've been going on a bunch of dates and have been having a lot of fun. Everyone can just be patient though and I'll tell you all if anything happens. I promise.

I'm having fun learning different instruments. I started learning to play the guitar over Christmas break and it is a lot of fun. I've learned a couple of songs and I'm excited to learn more when I have the time. A couple of friends and I are going to start a band and we'll have a few instruments in there. We just started yesterday so we'll see when we can get our first CD out and become famous.

One thing that we like to do is go and play some music at Primary Children's Hospital. They have a piano in a foyer area and we play that, the violin, guitar, and sing. It is fun when there are kids going by because we can help cheer them up with songs about chickens and trains and stuff.

I think that is all of the news that I have for now. I'm sure monthly updates will be most of the same kind of stuff, but you can just read the same things again then.

Adam

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Cool robot! Cooper has been drawing up plans for a robot that he thinks you are going to build for him. He keeps asking me things like, do you think Adam could make it walk up the wall? This robot is designed after a bow and arrow. The body is a bow, the legs are arrows. Do you think he'll be an engineer someday?

Adam Howell said...

I'm sure there would be a way to get that to work. He can be an engineer, just tell him that he needs to like doing math.