Saturday, November 3, 2007


Hi, Family, This is me, Mom. This is a picture of our front window, the beautiful Autumn leaves, and some of my new livingroom furniture. The leaves were actually twice as brilliant, but, oh well. I have been enjoying the cooler fall weather while it has been so sunny and mild.
We have had some birthdays in our family during October. We went to Kaitlyn's birthday party, and had a fun time. Later in the month we went to Ashley's birthday party. It was really fun to be together. I love all our grandchildren so much.
Ken and I drove to Mindy's and Brandon's acouple of weeks ago to take some violins from Dave for Mindy's student to try. We had a blast trying out all the violins and comparing them. I also took my old full-sized violin for Aubrey to grow into soon, since I have had to use a 3/4 size because of my hands. We had fun while we were there. As you will read in their blog, they are moving to Vernal, and have had an offer on their house. We hope everything works out for you. I just wish you were moving close.
I have been preparing for months for my students' Fall Recital/Concert. We had it this morning. As usual, I was stressed and nervous about it. There were a couple of glinches, but all in all, it turned out really great! We had group pieces we had worked hard on. I am glad to have it over with. Now I can relax.
A few weeks ago I went to the doctor, as I was feeling really sick, my chest hurt, and my cough was getting worse. (I have had this cough for 2 1/2 years since I had bronchitus) The doctor said I have acute bronchitus, possibly chronic bronchitus. He put me on antibiotics, etc. Well, the next week the nurse called to say the chest x-rays showed that I had the first stages of pneumonia. So I had to go back to the doctor a few days later for a follow-up. He said I still have some bronchitus, and prescribed more antibiotics. I have to go back in a couple of weeks, get another chest x-ray to see if it is all cleared up, and get a pneumonia shot and a flu shot. Sounds like fun, huh. The good news is that my blood pressure is great.
I hope all you kids will write in the blog. I don't want to have to tell everyone your news. I love you all.
Mom & Dad (Ken and Tam)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I think I might faint from shock! The first blog post from my computer illiterate mother! That's a very nice picture. I'm guessing that Adam helped you?

Ken - Tam said...

This is really fun. I will get on more often.



Dad